Dear SDIS Community,
At our school, no families have been to the high risky areas in the past 14 days.
- In response to the increasing number of people infected with coronavirus in Norway, the school has taken the following measures.
- Emphasis on hygiene with the students such as washing hands and coughing etiquette
- Extra cleaning with disinfection on students’ desks and chairs, sink, doorknobs, and bathroom
Send students home if there are symptoms of flu
- Make contingency plan if the school will be closed
We are closely monitoring the situation and following the directives from FHI, UDIR, and local health authorities.
I would like to remind the parents to have a calm and reassuring tone when speaking with your child about the coronavirus.
- Reassure your child that most people only get a mild illness and fully recover within a few weeks; that children very rarely get sick and when they do it is usually just like a cold.
- Validate their fears and concerns, gently offer facts to counter any misconceptions they have (particularly on the level of risk) and explain where your information has come from.
Please read this article to learn more about how to speak with your child about the coronavirus.
I appreciate all the open communication regarding the coronavirus. Please let me know if you have any concerns or questions. Furthermore, you can call information telephone 815 55 015 or Legevakt 116 117 if you have any questions in relation to coronavirus.
Thank you for your support.