MYP subject teachers
English, Norwegian, Spanish/French/German/Russian, Individuals and societies, Sciences, Mathematics, Arts, Physical and health education, Design
Available from: 1st August 2019
Deadline of application: 31st December 2018
Key Objectives of the Position
MYP subject teachers have the primary responsibility to promote student learning, and to ensure that students have the opportunities to develop an IB learner and reach their full potential.
They commit themselves to supporting and promoting the philosophy and mission of the school, as well as the IB. They have a responsibility to work in the school’s best interests, support its members and act in a collegiate manner. Teachers have a responsibility to strive to achieve the highest professional standards in all they do at and for the school.
- Prepares a unit planner that builds on students’ previous learning experiences
- Includes the prescribed key concepts and related concepts in each subject group
- Places appropriate emphasis on concept-‐driven and inquiry-‐based learning
- Differentiates instruction to meet students’ learning needs and styles
- Fosters a stimulating learning environment based on understanding and respect
- Ensures marking is based on IB criteria, and is transparent, detailed, informative, and constructively critical so that the students may be able to reflect on and learn from their performance
- Helps promote the progress and welfare of individual students and is fully familiar with all school compliance policies and procedures, including those on student roles and responsibilities
Required qualifications and experiences
The position of MYP subject teachers requires that the successful candidate has:
- A degree plus teaching qualification (or equivalent)
- Evidence of continued relevant professional development
- Experience with MYP (preferred)
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Ability to teach multiple subjects
- Self-motivated and goal focused
- Inclusive, flexible and adaptable
- Sense of humor
- Passionate in learning
If you are interested in the position, please apply with a letter of personal statement outlining your motivation, strengths, indicate the subjects that you apply and include your most recent CV.
Send applications to Yuwei.fei(a)sdis.no or contact for further information about the position.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
In line with international standards, Sandnes International School maintains strong child protection policies and procedures. All applicants are screened to ensure that they meet the legal and ethical requirements for employment in Norway, and our school strives to provide a safe, secure environment for all students.
All appointments will be subject to a police check as required by Norwegian Law and ratification of certifications and qualifications by NOKUT & Udir.