PYP Coordinator/Classroom teacher
Available from: 1st January 2019
Deadline of application: 15th November 2018
Position: 40% Coordinator and 60% classroom teacher
Key Objectives of the Position
PYP Coordinator is an important role to ensure that the school will comply with the standards and requirement in becoming and maintaining the status as an authorized IB PYP World School. The PYP Coordinator is a member of the pedagogical leadership team which has an overarching responsibility for ensuring that the teaching and learning will be enriched in line with the philosophical and implementation requirements of the program.
A PYP class teacher is a reflective practitioner who uses inquiry-based teaching strategies to create positive learning environments, which motivate and challenge all students in their class to become self-regulated and life-long learners.
The responsibilities are:
- Ensuring the continuity of the program through developing systems and documentation
- Circulate all relevant information received from the IB and ensure that teachers and other staff are kept up to date with current developments in the program
- Mapping the transdisciplinary program of inquiry, unit planners, daily planners, policy documents, guidelines for verification and evaluation, and continuum initiatives
- Providing curriculum leadership, including workshops, to teachers and parents, as needed
- Make recommendations regarding professional development opportunities on and off campus in accordance with the schools budget, action plan and yearly goals
- Assisting the head of school in determining budgetary priorities and in ordering and maintaining supplies
- Collect on-going evidence of the school’s implementation of PYP standards and practices
- Assisting the head of school in effectively communicating to parents information relating to curricular, pastoral and pedagogical matters
- Support teachers responsible for, and the students involved in, the PYP exhibition in the final year of the program
- Carry out the responsibilities as the PYP classroom teacher
Required qualifications and experiences
The position of PYP Coordinator requires that the successful candidate has:
- Proven teaching ability and be able to act as a pedagogical leader of the program
- A degree plus teaching qualification (or equivalent)
- Evidence of continued relevant professional development
- Experience with PYP (preferred)
- Proficiency in spoken English
- Self-motivated and goal focused
- Inclusive, flexible and adaptable
- Sense of humor
- Passionate in learning
If you are interested in the position, please apply with a letter of personal statement outlining your motivation, strengths and career aspirations and include your most recent CV.
Send applications to Yuwei.fei(at)sdis.no or contact for further information about the position.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
In line with international standards, Sandnes International School maintains strong child protection policies and procedures. All applicants are screened to ensure that they meet the legal and ethical requirements for employment in Norway, and our school strives to provide a safe, secure environment for all students.
All appointments will be subject to a police check as required by Norwegian Law and ratification of certifications and qualifications by NOKUT & Udir.